Pakistan’s ex-PM Zafarullah Jamali put on ventilator after heart attack
RAWALPINDI – Former prime minister Mir Zafarullah Khan Jamali was placed on ventilator at a hospital in Rawalpindi after his health deteriorated due to cardiac illness.
Jamali was shifted to Armed Forces Institute of Cardiology last night after complaining of chest pain. He had recovered from COVID-19 in May earlier this year.
Earlier today, reports emerged that the former prime minister has died of heart attack, however, they turned out to be wrong.
President Arif Alvi also shared a tweet expressing condolence over his death. Minutes after, the president deleted the tweet, stating that Jamali is alive and has been placed on ventilator.
"I have deleted the Tweet, based on wrong info with apologies to the family. Mir Zafrullah Jamali is on the ventilator. I talked to Omar Jamali who confirmed this. May Allah grant him immediate recovery," Alvi wrote.
I have deleted the Tweet, based on wrong info with apologies to the family. Mir Zafrullah Jamali is on the ventilator. I talked to Omar Jamali who confirmed this. May Allah grant him immediate recovery.— Dr. Arif Alvi (@ArifAlvi) November 30, 2020
A political leader from Balochistan, who born in 1944, served as the 15th prime minister of Pakistan from 2002 until his resignation in 2004.
Starting his political career from the platform of the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) during the 1970s, he later emerged as part of PML-N government.
He served as chief minister of Balochistan for two non-consecutive terms (from June–December 1988 and November 1996 –February 1997).
After the 1999 coup, he joined the PML-Q and became prime minister in 2002. Before 2018 election, Jamali joined the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI).
- Sialkot airport closed for two weeks for runway repairs11:15 AM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Nawaz Sharif set to return to Pakistan to lead PML-N’s election ...10:32 AM | 5 Dec, 2022
- PAKvENG: Pakistan resume at 80-2, need 263 more to win Rawalpindi Test10:05 AM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Former Pakistan Navy chief Admiral Saeed Mohammad Khan passes away at ...09:42 AM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Punjab CM Elahi says Gen Bajwa showed PML-Q the ‘right path’ to ...09:13 AM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Aima Baig drops teaser of latest cover of "Kahani Suno"08:24 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Rabi Pirzada talks about whimsical social media trends and their ...07:52 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Is The Legend of Maula Jatt going to be screened in India?07:59 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022