BEING ATTRACTIVE affects career and success, and here's HOW
Sounds false? It has been backed by numerous studies.
"Actually this happens subconsciously; nobody says 'I won't hire the person because he/she looks better than me and I feel threatened by this person', but that's exactly what happens," says Heidi Grant Halvorson, prominent writer who wrote 'No one understands you and what to do about it'.
While being attractive can be useful in many times, there are also times it can give you less opportunities to succeed in life.
Attractive people are more likely to be confident about the way they look, and will hardly experience any jitters when going for job interviews, solely based on their good looks! Another advantage they have over unattractive counterparts is the fact that they stand out in a crowd, and it makes them more confident about themselves.
The 'HALO EFFECT' as it is called, is a phenomenon that social psychologists came up with, which is our tendency to assume that someone who is attractive has other positive qualities. Due to this 'bias', attractive people usually have a better salary.
Attractive people have been known to be more sociable and influential, and also more interesting sex partners. Beautiful children appear to be more attractive to adults, and it also makes them more confident over time, researchers added.
It is further believed that their good looks improve their communication skills, which makes entrepreneurs believe these people are more productive.
According to research, men are more likely to tolerate an injustice of an attractive woman. A study was carried out in China, with an unfair sum of money offered to men by attractive and unattractive women. Men were more likely to accept the offer from the attractive women!
- Indian national held for crossing into Pakistan illegally, booked ...05:55 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Vice Admiral Amjad Niazi appointed new Pakistan Navy chief05:33 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- PTI’s Firdous Naqvi resigns as Sindh opposition leader05:22 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Pink Ribbon starts PINKtober awareness drive05:18 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- ‘Can’t live as a slave in Pakistan,’ Nawaz Sharif says in ...04:56 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- The fault is not in our laws, our mindset needs to change: Mehwish ...02:59 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Rhea Chakraborty 'an active member of a drug syndicate:' NCB02:26 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020