LHC orders to ban live coverage of Altaf speeches
The court also summoned record of his previous speeches and his nationality.
A three-member LHC bench took up four petitions, which sought action against Altaf under article 6 for making controversial speeches against national institutions and the country.
Petitioner Aftab Virk contended that the federal government, foreign and information ministries did not take any notice of his statements, therefore, the court should order to take action against Altaf under article 6.
While taking up the petitions, the LHC initially ordered to ban live broadcasting Altaf’s speeches and called record of his nationality.
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:44 AM | 8 Dec, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 08 December 202208:22 AM | 8 Dec, 2022
- Japan pledges nearly $39 million in assistance for Pakistan’s flood ...11:18 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Bangladesh stun India to clinch ODI series10:57 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Afghan Taliban publicly execute man for the first time since ...10:24 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Newlyweds Azlan Shah and Warisha Khan share their beautiful love story09:00 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- ‘The Legend of Maula Jatt’ becomes Google’s most searched movie ...06:38 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Hira Mani slays fashion goals with friends in latest video07:57 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Top 10 most searched people on Google in Pakistan in 202206:07 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Pakistan's first female Supreme Court judge earns place in BBC '100 ...01:24 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022