Pakistan slashes petrol price by Rs1.50/litre
ISLAMABAD - The prices of petroleum products will decrease by up to Rs1.50per litre from September 1, announced the finance ministry in a notification on Friday.
The petrol and diesel prices have been decreased by Rs1.5/litre to Rs118.30 and Rs115.03 respectively.
Similarly, the price of kerosene will also decrease by Rs1.50, to cost Rs86.80/litre. Light diesel oil will cost Rs1 cheaper, and it will be available for Rs84.77/litre.
According to a notification: "Despite international price fluctuations in petroleum products and anticipated increase in future prices, the government has reduced the prices in order to provide maximum relief to the consumers."
The new prices will be implemented from September 1.
A day earlier, the Oil and Gas Regulatory Authority (OGRA) had forwarded a summary to the government, suggesting a decrease by Rs3.5/litre in petrol price and Rs5 in high speech diesel price for first fifteen days of the next month.
- Afghan Taliban start building their own air force12:35 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- T-20 World Cup: Scotland beat Papua New Guinea by 17 runs12:13 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup: Bangladesh defeat Oman in must-win game11:32 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Why was Yuvraj Singh arrested?11:10 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Indian man tells PM Modi to stop this ‘shameful act' immediately10:26 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Kumail Nanjiani dressed up in a Pakistani designer at Eternals ...02:00 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Ayeza Khan’s new fashion look gets trolled by netizens05:25 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Alka Yagnik has the sweetest birthday wish for Imran Abbas05:10 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021