Meera's request for financial aid approved by Punjab government
Earlier, veteran actress Meera had requested Rs 40 million from the Punjab Government under the Artist Support Fund, claiming that she is in desperate need of financial assistance.
However, the Punjab Information and Cultural department denied the actor's request, saying that they can only provide her Rs 5000-10,000 at this point.
Now, on Thursday, the actor's financial aid application has been accepted. According to Express Tribune, the Lahore Arts Council will give Rs 5,000 to Meera.
Around 645 artists have been promised to be given financial assistance in the first round.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- ‘Ghabrana Nahi Hai’ – Kashif Zameer reassures Pakistanis of ...11:49 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan’s NSA rejects claims of back-channel diplomacy with India ...11:17 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Birthday of Islamic caliph Ali Ibn Abi Talib tomorrow10:00 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan to remain on FATF's grey list till June 202109:44 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Yasir Hussain opens up about his remarks on Nausheen Shah08:24 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021