Rizwan makes new world record by scoring highest T20I runs in a year
Pakistani batsman and wicketkeeper Mohammad Rizwan has made a new world record by scoring most T20I runs in a calendar year.
He made this record while playing against West Indies in the second T20I of four-match series in Providence on Saturday.
With his 46-run impressive inning, Rizwan clinched the title of highest scorer of T20I in a calendar year. Previously, the title was held by Ireland’s Paul Stirling, who had scored 748 runs, after batting in 20 innings, in 2019.
However, Rizwan achieved the milestone by scoring 752 runs in 14 innings.
The Pakistani batsman also made 1,189 runs in all three formats this year, which is the highest score by any player so far.
With Rizwan’s thrilling performance, Pakistan now holds the records of “highest runs in a calendar year” in two formats.
The other record was made by Mohammad Yousuf who scored 1,788 Test runs in 2006.
PAKvWI – Pakistan beat West Indies by seven ... 11:55 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
PROVIDENCE – Pakistan beat West Indies by seven runs in the second match of the four-match T20 International ...
- PM Imran receives security briefing during ISI Secretariat visit09:01 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Ayesha Manzoor Wattoo’s book ‘Petals in My Diary’ unveiled in ...08:41 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- PTI govt first in Pakistan’s history to give complete independence ...08:16 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Met office predicts another rain spell, urban flooding in Karachi07:33 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- English football legend Michael Owen appointed PFL official ambassador06:54 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Neha Rajpoot and Shahbaz Taseer's wedding festivities kickstart03:18 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Umar Akmal’s hilarious Tiktok video sparks memefest02:30 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Veteran Pakistani actor Talat Iqbal passes away in US10:40 AM | 24 Sep, 2021