Another Indian fighter jet crashes in Rajasthan
JODHPUR – Another Indian Air Force (IAF) MiG 27 jet has crashed in Jodhpur city in the Thar Desert of the northwest Indian state of Rajasthan.
According to Indian media, the aircraft was on a routine mission from Jodhpur that crashed in Godana near Sheoganj in Sirohi.
A Court of Inquiry will probe the cause of the accident. Preliminary reports indicate no loss of property or life on ground, the NDTV reported.
This is the third MiG-27 aircraft that crashed in Rajasthan in the last few months.
Last month, a MiG-27 fighter jet crashed in Jaisalmer. The fighter jet crashed on February 12 during a training mission and the pilot ejected safely above the Pokhran range.
More than 30 fighters have crashed in India since 2012, with most accidents blamed on ageing jets.
More than 170 Air Force pilots have died in accidents in the past three decades, mostly in incidents involving Soviet-era MiGs — unflatteringly dubbed “flying coffins”.
- Japan extends grant assistance worth 318m JPY to Pakistan09:15 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- PM Imran welcomes UNSC members for again taking up IIOJ&K dispute08:35 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Shan Masood, Muhammad Abbas uplift Pakistan in first England Test12:59 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Coronavirus — Public sector schools opened in KP11:45 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Independence Day — PIA announces major cut in fares09:38 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Indian TV actor Sameer Sharma dies by suicide03:26 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Angelina Jolie wants reconciliation between Brad Pitt and kids02:57 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- I had an inferiority complex and grew up applying fairness creams: ...01:31 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020