Australia’s 'Eggboy' donates 69,000 US$ to Christchurch terror attack victims
William Connolly, nicknamed "Eggboy", egged senator Anning, who has since lost his seat in Australia's parliament, triggered outrage by claiming the attack in neighbouring New Zealand was the result of Muslim immigration to the country.
According to details, the Eggboy set up two GoFundMe pages to raise money to cover Connolly's legal fees and to "buy more eggs" rapidly attracted people to donate thousands of dollars in donations.
The "Eggboy" wrote on Instagram late Tuesday that he had "decided to donate all monies to help provide some relief to the victims of the massacre... it wasn't mine to keep".
He said that after a huge amount of red tape, $99,922.36 has been transferred to the Christchurch Foundation and Victims Support.
"To the victims of the Tragedy, I whole heartedly hope that this can bring some relief to you. Keep spreading the love."
Earlier in April, the "Eggboy" was arrested after the egg cracking scene but was let off with a police caution for the incident.
- Pakistan FM discusses Palestine issue with Chinese counterpart amid ...10:42 PM | 15 May, 2021
- UAE’s Etihad, flydubai airlines cancel flights to Israel amid ...09:23 PM | 15 May, 2021
- KP IG’s brother dies in Larkana road accident08:37 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Israel destroys another Gaza building housing offices of Al Jazeera, ...07:52 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Bollywood diva Madhuri Dixit turns 5404:47 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Here's what your favourite stars wore on Eid-ul-Fitr11:51 AM | 15 May, 2021
- ‘Uncle Sargam’ — Renowned columnist, TV artist Farooq Qaiser ...09:19 PM | 14 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021