Another doctor succumbs to coronavirus in Khyber Pakhktunkhwa
PESHAWAR – Another doctor died from novel coronavirus in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, taking death toll of medics due to infection to 18 in the country.
Dr Aurangzaib, who was a pathologist at Peshawar Police Services Hospital, was on the ventilators for three days at Hayatabad Medical Complex after he was diagnosed with the COVID-19 few days ago.
The deceased doctor, according to hospital officials, was also suffering from diabetes.
The number of coronavirus cases in Pakistan rose to a total of 70,868, according to government data till Sunday evening.
The death toll related to COVID-19 has reached 1,519, according to the National Command and Control Centre, while at least 25,926 patients have fully recovered.
Sindh has reported highest number of deaths, a total of 481, while Punjab and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa follow with 475 and 473 fatalities respectively. Balochistan has recorded 46 deaths; Islamabad, 27; Gilgit Baltistan, 11; and Azad Kashmir, 6.
The first two fatalities from COVID-19, as the illness is officially known, were reported in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa on March 18 (Wednesday).
- BANvPAK: Rain frustrates Shaheens and Tigers as Day 2 of second Test ...03:28 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Jhang Assistant Commissioner gunned down over enmity in Chiniot02:29 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan dispatches free medicines worth Rs25mn to Afghanistan12:55 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- At least 13 civilians shot dead by Indian army in case of 'mistaken ...12:24 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Co-actor held for recording, sharing nude videos of stage actors in ...11:49 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Meesha Shafi, mother file petition for apology in Ali Zafar ...11:59 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- WATCH – Shahveer Jafry and Ayesha Beig share details of how they ...08:21 PM | 4 Dec, 2021