Another doctor succumbs to coronavirus in Khyber Pakhktunkhwa
PESHAWAR – Another doctor died from novel coronavirus in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, taking death toll of medics due to infection to 18 in the country.
Dr Aurangzaib, who was a pathologist at Peshawar Police Services Hospital, was on the ventilators for three days at Hayatabad Medical Complex after he was diagnosed with the COVID-19 few days ago.
The deceased doctor, according to hospital officials, was also suffering from diabetes.
The number of coronavirus cases in Pakistan rose to a total of 70,868, according to government data till Sunday evening.
The death toll related to COVID-19 has reached 1,519, according to the National Command and Control Centre, while at least 25,926 patients have fully recovered.
Sindh has reported highest number of deaths, a total of 481, while Punjab and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa follow with 475 and 473 fatalities respectively. Balochistan has recorded 46 deaths; Islamabad, 27; Gilgit Baltistan, 11; and Azad Kashmir, 6.
The first two fatalities from COVID-19, as the illness is officially known, were reported in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa on March 18 (Wednesday).
- Mawra Hocane gives insight into her luxurious home07:21 PM | 8 Aug, 2022
- Lt Gen Faiz Hameed appointed Corps Commander Bahawalpur in latest ...06:46 PM | 8 Aug, 2022
- Imran shifts PTI’s August 13 rally from Islamabad to Lahore06:33 PM | 8 Aug, 2022
- JIT including ISI, IB officers to probe social media campaign ...05:29 PM | 8 Aug, 2022
- Haroon Kadwani wins hearts with latest video04:54 PM | 8 Aug, 2022
- Hania Aamir is all smiles in latest viral pictures04:28 PM | 8 Aug, 2022
- Pakistani stars celebrate Arshad Nadeem’s historic win at ...03:51 PM | 8 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars celebrate Eidul-Adha in style06:20 PM | 10 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022