MUMBAI (Staff Report) – David Headley, the suspect involved in 2008 Mumbai Attacks who became an approver to an Indian court in December, Monday exposed the flawed immigration system of India when he told the court that he provided wrong information to get
MUMBAI (Staff Report) – David Headley, the suspect involved in 2008 Mumbai Attacks who became an approver to an Indian court in December, Monday exposed the flawed immigration system of India when he told the court that he provided wrong information to get Indian visa.
“All of the details provided by me except place of birth, date of birth, mother’s nationality and passport number, were incorrect in my application for Indian visa,” he said in a statement with Mumbai court.
He further raised questions on the security situation Of India saying that same ten attackers arrived twice in Indian, in September and October 2008, however they couldn’t execute the attack. But when they reached Mumbai in November 2008, for third time in a series, they successfully conducted the assault, he added.
David Headley said that he filed a request with American authorities to change his name from Dawood Gilani to this, so that he could enter India with a more American-like identity.
“I went to India seven times before Mumbai Attacks and once even after the 26/11 attacks, he told court via video conference from an undisclosed location in United States.
Meanwhile the Indian lawyer Mahesh Jethmalani, who is acting as suspect’s legal counsel, has claimed that David Headly also conceded his connection with Hafiz Saeed and Lashkar-e-Taiba. Headly has confessed that he acted totally on the will of Hafiz Saeed, he added.
Earlier on December 11, 2015; an Indian court of Judge GA Sanap offered former agent of American Federal Bureau Investigation (FBI) and an alleged operative of banned Lashkar-e-Taiba Mr David Headley, a conditional pardon if he truthfully discloses the details of Mumbai terror attacks.
David Headly had previously conceded the charges leveled against him ‘to his personal capacity’ before a US court where a case for the same crime resulted in 35 years imprisonment for him. He repeated the same confessional statement before Indian court as well during a hearing through video conference.
Another case for the same charges is also underway in Pakistan where Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi, the alleged planner of Mumbai attacks, and Hafiz Saeed of Jamaat-ud-Dawa, which is registered as a welfare organisation in Pakistan, are facing the trial. However none of the both is in custody of Pakistani authorities now.