UN launches policy brief on tourism and COVID-19
New York - The United Nations (UN) has called for the recovery of tourism from COVID-19 pandemic in a sustainable way.
In a video message for the launch of his policy brief on tourism and COVID-19, UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres said it is imperative to rebuild the tourism sector in safe, equitable and climate friendly way.
He said supporting the millions of livelihoods that depend on tourism means building a sustainable and responsible travel experience that is safe for host communities, workers and travelers.
Guterres also called for the restoration of tourism's position as "a provider of decent jobs, stable incomes and the protection of our cultural and natural heritage.
- Pakistan plays vital role in facilitating Afghan peace process, says ...01:22 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- NAB produced Shehbaz Sharif before accountability court today12:03 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- NCOC allows reopening of primary level schools from Sep 30 under ...11:28 AM | 29 Sep, 2020
- J. signs two Ertugrul stars as brand ambassadors03:09 PM | 28 Sep, 2020
- Adnan Sidiqqui pens an emotional note for his daughters02:53 PM | 28 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020