Selena Gomez donates to hard-hit NYC hospital where she was once treated
NEW YORK - Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds after secretly donating to four of New York’s worst-affected hospitals have inspired Selena Gomez to follow suit.
The vocal powerhouse announced on Tuesday that she will be pitching in to help the medical staff at New York’s Cedars-Sinai, where the singer had been under treatment in the past.
Turning to Twitter, Selena wrote: "So thankful for every single medical professional who is putting their health on the line to take care of others.” "I’m donating to @CedarsSinai as they are low on masks and ventilators. They’ve taken such good care of me so it’s my turn to show my gratitude,” she added.
So thankful for every single medical professional who is putting their health on the line to take care of others 🤍 I’m donating to @CedarsSinai as they are low on masks and ventilators. They’ve taken such good care of me so it’s my turn to show my gratitude.— Selena Gomez (@selenagomez) March 31, 2020
The hospital extended gratitude to the singer for helping out during these catastrophic times, and wrote: "Thank you for supporting our #HealthcareHeroes! If anyone wants to join @selenagomez and support Cedars-Sinai, please visit our website for more info.”
Thank you for supporting our #HealthcareHeroes! ❤️— Cedars-Sinai (@CedarsSinai) March 31, 2020
Earlier, Hollywood’s power couple Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds also contributed a massive amount of $100,000 to each of the four hardest-hit hospitals, Elmhurst, NYU Hospital, Mount Sinai and Northern Westchester, situated in New York which out of all US states, currently has the highest number of coronavirus cases.
Stay Home, Stay Safe!
- Heavy rains likely in parts of country from Thursday11:48 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Pakistan condemns start of temple construction at Babri Mosque site ...11:09 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Trump offers to mediate standoff between China, India09:45 PM | 27 May, 2020
- India may lose T20 World Cup 2021 hosting rights over tax issues08:51 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Petrol prices likely to go down by Rs5-10 in Pakistan07:33 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Anoushey receives Eid wishes from 'Ertugrul' – VIDEO04:35 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Nadia Jamil’s best friend goes bald to support her03:55 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Asim Azhar releases his version of Bollywood song Humraah02:34 PM | 27 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020