India deports Rahat Fateh Ali Khan from RGIA
Moments after landing at the airport, Rahat Fateh Ali Khan was barred entry and asked to return to Abu Dhabi. The singer was scheduled to perform at the iconic Taj Falaknuma Palace on New Year’s Eve.
Immigration authorities at the airport stated that as per the rules, Pakistani nationals can’t enter India through Hyderabad as the legal ports of entry by air are only Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Chennai.
"That’s why the singer was asked to return to Abu Dhabi and travel to the city through the valid entry points," the official said as quoted by The Times of India.
"If a Pakistani national enters through any other airport, except the four metros, his/her travel to India cannot be recorded. So it is mandatory that they stick to the four ports. This system has been put in place to monitor the movement of Pakistani nationals in and out of the country," he added.
The qawwali maestro had faced trouble with Indian authorities in 2011 as well, when he and his troupe were detained at the Delhi international airport for foreign exchange violations.
- PAKvNED: Pakistan beat Netherlands by 16 runs in first ODI11:00 PM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Seven Indian soldiers killed, scores injured in deadly bus accident ...10:48 PM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Hania Aamir talks about life after Asim Azhar controversy09:27 PM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Why Mushk Kaleem's mother did not allow her to wear a saree?08:06 PM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022