India deports Rahat Fateh Ali Khan from RGIA
Moments after landing at the airport, Rahat Fateh Ali Khan was barred entry and asked to return to Abu Dhabi. The singer was scheduled to perform at the iconic Taj Falaknuma Palace on New Year’s Eve.
Immigration authorities at the airport stated that as per the rules, Pakistani nationals can’t enter India through Hyderabad as the legal ports of entry by air are only Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Chennai.
"That’s why the singer was asked to return to Abu Dhabi and travel to the city through the valid entry points," the official said as quoted by The Times of India.
"If a Pakistani national enters through any other airport, except the four metros, his/her travel to India cannot be recorded. So it is mandatory that they stick to the four ports. This system has been put in place to monitor the movement of Pakistani nationals in and out of the country," he added.
The qawwali maestro had faced trouble with Indian authorities in 2011 as well, when he and his troupe were detained at the Delhi international airport for foreign exchange violations.
- ‘I'm going to Pakistan tomorrow’, announces Chris Gayle after ...09:56 AM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:36 AM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan reports 2,580 new Covid infections, active cases drop to ...09:09 AM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 19 September 202108:42 AM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Pakistani celebs express disappointment after NZ tour called off05:30 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Sukynah Khan's beautiful pictures from her 'Baat Pakki' ceremony win ...10:25 PM | 18 Sep, 2021