PM announces tax amnesty scheme for non-filers, traders
Addressing the ceremony, Nawaz said the government has taken the challenges head on to steer the country out of crisis and put on the path of progress and prosperity. We have to defeat challenges at every cost, he added.
The PM further said as a result of measures taken by the federal government, the situation is much better that it was three to four years ago.
Nawaz Sharif said the government believes in resolving the issues with understanding and consultation. He said this spirit will take the country forward on the path of progress and prosperity.
The scheme allow taxpayers to legalise their black money by paying a nominal 1% tax.
The Prime Minister lauded the resolution of a long-standing dispute between the government and the different trade bodies over the issue of taxation and said all the stakeholders who played a part in the matter, deserved appreciation.
He said the congenial atmosphere developed would help take the country forward on the path of progress and prosperity. He said good government-trader ties would help end poverty, counter terrorism, create employment and bring peace across the country, particularly in the country's nerve centre
He said there was a need to make progress in all areas may it be the shortage of electricity and natural gas, road infrastructure, poor economy, terrorism, or relations with India and Afghanistan.
- US train riders ‘held up phones as woman was raped’, could face ...01:45 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Here’s how Pakistan Navy detected and blocked Indian submarine from ...01:20 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Drone flies lungs between two hospitals for transplant patient in ...12:55 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Afghan Taliban start building their own air force12:35 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- T-20 World Cup: Scotland beat Papua New Guinea by 17 runs12:13 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Kumail Nanjiani dressed up in a Pakistani designer at Eternals ...02:00 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Ayeza Khan’s new fashion look gets trolled by netizens05:25 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Alka Yagnik has the sweetest birthday wish for Imran Abbas05:10 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021