PM announces tax amnesty scheme for non-filers, traders
Addressing the ceremony, Nawaz said the government has taken the challenges head on to steer the country out of crisis and put on the path of progress and prosperity. We have to defeat challenges at every cost, he added.
The PM further said as a result of measures taken by the federal government, the situation is much better that it was three to four years ago.
Nawaz Sharif said the government believes in resolving the issues with understanding and consultation. He said this spirit will take the country forward on the path of progress and prosperity.
The scheme allow taxpayers to legalise their black money by paying a nominal 1% tax.
The Prime Minister lauded the resolution of a long-standing dispute between the government and the different trade bodies over the issue of taxation and said all the stakeholders who played a part in the matter, deserved appreciation.
He said the congenial atmosphere developed would help take the country forward on the path of progress and prosperity. He said good government-trader ties would help end poverty, counter terrorism, create employment and bring peace across the country, particularly in the country's nerve centre
He said there was a need to make progress in all areas may it be the shortage of electricity and natural gas, road infrastructure, poor economy, terrorism, or relations with India and Afghanistan.
- Ahead of Independence Day, Pakistani youth hoisted national flag ...07:41 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Nida Yasir under scrutiny for posting video of branded outfits06:51 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Here's the first teaser for web series on Fatima Jinnah starring ...06:24 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Palestinian death toll surges to 29 as Israel intensifies attacks05:49 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- PM Shehbaz condemns campaign ridiculing sacrifices of Pakistan Army ...05:04 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Natasha Ali Lakhani’s new bold photos break the internet03:28 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Sarah Khan and Talha Chahour to share screen in new project02:44 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Alizeh Shah reveals secret behind her weight loss journey02:00 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars celebrate Eidul-Adha in style06:20 PM | 10 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022