PM announces tax amnesty scheme for non-filers, traders
Addressing the ceremony, Nawaz said the government has taken the challenges head on to steer the country out of crisis and put on the path of progress and prosperity. We have to defeat challenges at every cost, he added.
The PM further said as a result of measures taken by the federal government, the situation is much better that it was three to four years ago.
Nawaz Sharif said the government believes in resolving the issues with understanding and consultation. He said this spirit will take the country forward on the path of progress and prosperity.
The scheme allow taxpayers to legalise their black money by paying a nominal 1% tax.
The Prime Minister lauded the resolution of a long-standing dispute between the government and the different trade bodies over the issue of taxation and said all the stakeholders who played a part in the matter, deserved appreciation.
He said the congenial atmosphere developed would help take the country forward on the path of progress and prosperity. He said good government-trader ties would help end poverty, counter terrorism, create employment and bring peace across the country, particularly in the country's nerve centre
He said there was a need to make progress in all areas may it be the shortage of electricity and natural gas, road infrastructure, poor economy, terrorism, or relations with India and Afghanistan.
- Transporters threaten strike as petrol hits record high11:29 AM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Schools reopen in Punjab, KPK as govt eases Covid restrictions10:52 AM | 16 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran shares what kind of Pak-US relations he looks for (VIDEO)10:23 AM | 16 Sep, 2021
- HBL and Indus Motor Company enter strategic alliance10:00 AM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Sharmila Faruqi and Gohar Rasheed lock horns on Laapata’s viral ...05:40 PM | 15 Sep, 2021
- Mani unveils the secret to happily married life with Hira05:15 PM | 15 Sep, 2021
- Alizeh Shah looks stunning in new car video04:00 PM | 15 Sep, 2021