Tainted SSP Rao Anwar retires after 37 years
Anwar had joined Sindh police department as Assistant Sub Inspector (ASI) in 1982 and was serving as Senior Superintendent of Police Malir. He was suspended after being involved in the alleged extra judicial killing of Mehsood, a native of South Waziristan, in Karachi earlier last year.
The officer had denied his involvement in the killing, stating that he was not present at the sight of the alleged murder.
JIT holds Rao Anwar responsible for Naqeebullah's ... 10:10 PM | 20 Apr, 2018
KARACHI - A Joint Interrogation Team (JIT) formed under the directives of Supreme Court of Pakistan (SCP) has held ...
From 1992 to 1999, Rao Anwar played a main role in the operations against the Muttahida Quami Movement (MQM) in Karachi.
When the Pakistan Peoples Party came into power in 2008, Rao Anwar returned to Karachi. He was promoted from inspector to deputy superintendent of police (DSP) and then to superintendent of police (SP) within a short space of time in 2008.
Rao, who was considered close to the former president Asif Ali Zardari, became senior superintendent of police (SSP) Malir in 2011.
In 2012, he was demoted to the sub-inspector rank by a Supreme Court order, but the President Asif Ali Zardari reinstated Rao Anwar as SSP Malir using his executive powers.
- Saudi Arabia cancels Hajj for international pilgrims over COVID-19 ...06:11 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- PM Imran hails 'historic' budget to beat climate change, reverse ...05:08 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Shah Rukh Khan gets back to work for 'Pathan' shooting04:20 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021