Sanaullah Abbasi appointed as new KP police chief
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan has appointed Sanaullah Abbasi as the new Inspector General of Police (IGP) of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) province.
The federal government has issued a notification naming Abbasi as the new IG of the province. He is going to replace Dr Naeem Khan, who was appointed as IG KP in February 2019.
Local media citing sources claimed that the decision was removing the previous IG was taken after the premier expressed "dissatisfaction" with his performance.
Abbasi is currently serving as the Gilgit Baltistan police chief. He had also headed Counter Terrorism Department of Sindh Police.
- WB approves additional financing of $700m for Dasu power project10:45 AM | 2 Apr, 2020
- COVID-19: Over 5,100 died in US, global death toll rises to over ...10:03 AM | 2 Apr, 2020
- CAA suspends international, domestic flights till April 1109:32 AM | 2 Apr, 2020
- COVID19: Pakistan confirms 26 deaths; Coronavirus cases exceed 2,11008:28 AM | 2 Apr, 2020
- Hareem Shah to host a Ramazan transmission?04:25 PM | 1 Apr, 2020
- Van Gogh painting stolen from museum during virus shutdown04:03 PM | 1 Apr, 2020
- Kim Kardashian shares BTS of the nasty fight with sister Kourtney and ...04:01 PM | 1 Apr, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019