Sanaullah Abbasi appointed as new KP police chief
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan has appointed Sanaullah Abbasi as the new Inspector General of Police (IGP) of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) province.
The federal government has issued a notification naming Abbasi as the new IG of the province. He is going to replace Dr Naeem Khan, who was appointed as IG KP in February 2019.
Local media citing sources claimed that the decision was removing the previous IG was taken after the premier expressed "dissatisfaction" with his performance.
Abbasi is currently serving as the Gilgit Baltistan police chief. He had also headed Counter Terrorism Department of Sindh Police.
- PM Imran hails Quetta hero who saved more than 100 lives06:43 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Syllabus of Class 1st-8th to be changed in Cantonment areas06:31 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Afghan Taliban agree to implement 10-day ceasefire with US troops06:23 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- SAPM hails Munno Bhai’s services to leukemia patients03:51 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019