Pakistan’s annual inflation increases to 12.3% in December
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan’s consumer price index surged to 12.3% in December from a year earlier, according to the data released by the official statistics bureau.
Edible items were the main contributor to the latest increase in inflation.
According to breakup figures of the Pakistan Bureau of Statistics (PSB), the Urban CPI witnessed increase of 12.74% on a year-on-year basis while it was increased by 0.3% on a month-on-month basis.
On the other hand, the CPI inflation Rural, increased by 11.61% on a year-on-year basis in December 2021 as compared to the same month of the preceding year. On a month-on-month basis, it declined by 0.5% in December 2021 as compared to November 2021.
Top few commodities (urban) which recorded a decrease in December compared to the same month of the preceding year included tomatoes (28.90%), onions (27.73%), pulse moong (24.59%), potatoes (23.96%), chicken (14.34%), eggs (8.19%) and condiments & spices (2.63%).
Prices keep soaring as inflation rockets to ... 11:28 AM | 1 Dec, 2021
ISLAMABAD – Prices of basic commodities have skyrocketed as November inflation in Pakistan rises to 11.5 percent ...
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 06 July 202208:43 AM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Mahira Khan, Fahad Mustafa dance their hearts out as they promote ...12:21 AM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Defiant Pakistani journalist Imran Riaz Khan arrested (VIDEO)11:29 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan golfers shine in international event10:47 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Most-followed TikToker is a practicing Muslim and ‘Hafiz-e-Quran’09:40 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Ahmed Ali Butt’s new video with Mahira Khan and Fahad Mustafa wins ...07:10 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022