Pakistan up 31 places on Trading Across Border Index
ISLAMABAD –A major achievement towards ensuring ease of doing business, Pakistan has improved 31 positions, from 142nd to 111th, on the rank of Trading Across Border Index.
The Federal Board of Revenue on Tuesday said the development occurred because of increased efforts directed towards ensuring ease of doing business across Pakistan. Taking it to Twitter, the spokesperson also tweeted on the development.
In a major achievement towards ensuring ease of doing business, Pakistan has improved 31 positions (from 142nd to 111th) on the rank of Trading Across Border Index.1/14 @GovtofPakistan @MJavedGhani @FinMinistryPak @a_hafeezshaikh— FBR (@FBRSpokesperson) January 19, 2021
In a series of tweet, the spokesperson added that it made trading across borders easier by focusing on three crucial areas that include enhancing the integration of various agencies in the Web-Based One Customs electronic system, reducing the number of documents required for import/ export clearances and enhancing capacities of Customs officials for playing a proactive role in regulating border trade.
They include enhancing the integration of various agencies in the Web-Based One Customs electronic system; reducing the number of documents required for import/ export clearances and enhancing capacities of Customs officials for playing proactive role in regulating border trade3— FBR (@FBRSpokesperson) January 19, 2021
Along with the improvement in Trading across Border Index, the country also climbed up the ladder in the World Bank's Ease of Doing Business 2020 Index.
With both improvements, Pakistan has become the sixth country on a global scale and the first in South Asia to have improved ease of doing business in national and international trade.
Pakistan improves position on WB Ease of Doing ... 03:48 PM | 9 Jan, 2021
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan has improved its position on World Bank Ease of Doing Business Index for the second ...
- Pakistan clean sweep 3-match T20 series against Sri Lanka05:27 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Pakistani delegation to visit India next week for talks on water ...04:54 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Former SC justice Maqbool Baqar top contender for NAB chairman post04:28 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Pakistani climber Kashif becomes world's youngest to scale all five ...04:00 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Saba Qamar’s new dance video goes viral02:00 PM | 28 May, 2022
- New Zealand PM pays tribute to Pakistan's Benazir Bhutto at Harvard07:07 PM | 27 May, 2022
- TikToker Dolly's bail plea in forest fire case dismissed by Islamabad ...06:09 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022