Pakistan up 31 places on Trading Across Border Index
ISLAMABAD –A major achievement towards ensuring ease of doing business, Pakistan has improved 31 positions, from 142nd to 111th, on the rank of Trading Across Border Index.
The Federal Board of Revenue on Tuesday said the development occurred because of increased efforts directed towards ensuring ease of doing business across Pakistan. Taking it to Twitter, the spokesperson also tweeted on the development.
In a major achievement towards ensuring ease of doing business, Pakistan has improved 31 positions (from 142nd to 111th) on the rank of Trading Across Border Index.1/14 @GovtofPakistan @MJavedGhani @FinMinistryPak @a_hafeezshaikh— FBR (@FBRSpokesperson) January 19, 2021
In a series of tweet, the spokesperson added that it made trading across borders easier by focusing on three crucial areas that include enhancing the integration of various agencies in the Web-Based One Customs electronic system, reducing the number of documents required for import/ export clearances and enhancing capacities of Customs officials for playing a proactive role in regulating border trade.
They include enhancing the integration of various agencies in the Web-Based One Customs electronic system; reducing the number of documents required for import/ export clearances and enhancing capacities of Customs officials for playing proactive role in regulating border trade3— FBR (@FBRSpokesperson) January 19, 2021
Along with the improvement in Trading across Border Index, the country also climbed up the ladder in the World Bank's Ease of Doing Business 2020 Index.
With both improvements, Pakistan has become the sixth country on a global scale and the first in South Asia to have improved ease of doing business in national and international trade.
Pakistan improves position on WB Ease of Doing ... 03:48 PM | 9 Jan, 2021
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan has improved its position on World Bank Ease of Doing Business Index for the second ...
- BISE Lahore announces date for Intermediate part-II results12:32 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan expecting rollover of $2bn SAFE deposits from China12:10 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Child dies from polio in northwestern Pakistan; cases tally rises to ...11:44 AM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Twitter withholds Govt of Pakistan’s official account in India11:22 AM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Japan’s wrestling legend turned politician Antonio Inoki passes ...10:48 AM | 1 Oct, 2022
- 'First-ever Indian singer to have his own private island with a lake, ...10:14 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Saim Sadiq's Joyland nominated for Oscars by Pakistani Academy ...08:09 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Fawad Khan and Hamza Ali Abbasi exchange banter on live show11:59 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022