I take a break whenever the noise in my head reaches its peak: Zaira Wasim
Former Bollywood actor Zaira Wasim is back to social media after a short break when one of her tweets enraged a few.
It can be the words of strangers that cut the deepest, especially when you are in the spotlight.
Zaira Wasim wiped away her Twitter and Instagram accounts after being ambushed by social media trolls for quoting the Quran in light of the locust attacks occurring in Mumbai this week, reported Mid-Day.
“So we sent upon them the flood and locusts and lice and frogs and blood: signs openly self- explained. But they were steeped in arrogance – a people given to sin,” she had tweeted.
Moments later, Wasim’s Twitter was flooded with hateful comments from netizens who thought that she was trying to justify the attacks. Shortly after receiving such comments, Wasim deactivated her Twitter and Instagram accounts.
Zaira took to Twitter to answer a user’s question as to why she unplugged from social media initially. “Why did she deactivate her account?,” it read.
Zaira responded, “Because I’m just a human, like everyone else, who’s allowed to take a break from everything whenever the noise inside my head or around me reaches it’s peak.”
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- Pakistan's first-ever liver auto-transplantation carried out at ...11:20 PM | 10 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan condemns Indian troops’ attack on mosque in occupied ...10:33 PM | 10 Apr, 2021
- PAKvSA – Pakistan beat South Africa by 4 wickets in first T20I09:06 PM | 10 Apr, 2021
- Fawad Alam wants to work with Mahira Khan, Mehwish Hayat after ...07:01 PM | 10 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021
- Ten New IPO Billionaires in 202107:59 PM | 8 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021 – Tips for busy professionals01:52 PM | 7 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021 – Health tips for fasting in the holy month06:11 PM | 6 Apr, 2021