'Oldest human' dies in Indonesia at 146
Based on his resident identity card, Mbah Gotho, who had never suffered from any critical illness, was born in December 1870.
A heavy smoker until the end, he outlived four wives, 10 siblings and all his children.
He was taken to hospital on 12 April because of deteriorating health. Six days later he insisted on checking out to return home.
"Since he came back from the hospital, he only ate spoonfuls of porridge and drank very little," his grandson Suyanto told the BBC.
"It only lasted a couple of days. From that moment on to his death, he refused to eat and drink."
His death comes just three days after the oldest woman in Malaysia died on Friday.
- Another Indian soldier commits suicide in IIOJK’s Ramban03:33 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan FM discusses peace process with Afghan counterpart02:48 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Referee judge to decide Shehbaz Sharif’s bail matter02:28 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Sarah Khan, Falak Shabir expecting their first child?09:16 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas releases his rendition of Qaseedah Burdah Shareef05:59 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021