Ex-Australian cricketer jailed for rape of woman in UK
Alex Hepburn, 23, was jailed at Hereford Crown Court on Tuesday (April 30).
A jury found that the former Worcestershire player committed one count of oral rape against a woman who was sleeping in the bedroom of his housemate, fellow Worcestershire county cricketer Joe Clarke.
The court heard the woman had come home with Clarke after an night out, but he left the bedroom to be sick in the bathroom. Clarke passed out.
In an impact statement, the woman said Hepburn then committed his “heinous crime.”
Speaking at Hepburn’s sentencing yesterday, Judge Jim Tindal damned his actions, and his participation in a WhatsApp group where other young men competed to see who could sleep with the most women.
Hepburn was cleared of a second rape charge pertaining to the same woman.
Hepburn denied both charges laid against him.
- Finance Minister Shaukat Tarin ‘to run for Senate’07:15 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- PSL 2021 – Peshawar Zalmi take on Quetta Gladiators tonight06:41 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Saudi Arabia cancels Hajj for international pilgrims over COVID-19 ...06:11 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Waseem Abbas reflects on Mahira Khan-Firdous Jamal controversy04:44 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Shah Rukh Khan gets back to work for 'Pathan' shooting04:20 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021