England beat New Zealand by seven wickets in first T20
CHRISTCHURCH, New Zealand - England cruised to a seven-wicket victory over New Zealand in the opening Twenty20 international in Christchurch on Friday.
James Vincent top-scored for the tourists with 59, notching his maiden T20 half-century as England chased down New Zealand's 154-run target in 18.3 overs.
A three-wicket haul from spinner Mitchell Santner was not enough to rescue the Black Caps, whose batting line-up failed to fire after England won the toss and opted to bowl.
The second fixture in the five-match series takes place in Wellington on Sunday.
- FIA arrested 60-year-old woman for deceiving men on Facebook using ...01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- EU to challenge China-US trade agreement at WTO12:02 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Kashmir issue is not an internal affair of India, says FM Quresh11:24 AM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Two killed in Gujranwala van, rickshaw collision09:58 AM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan condemns Indian CDS remarks about Kashmiri children09:17 AM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ariana Grande being sued for copyright over hit single '7 Rings' by ...03:54 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Malala biopic director admits he still receives death threats03:39 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Prince Harry makes first public appearance since royal split03:24 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019