IHC orders Nawaz Sharif to “Surrender before the law” before Sep 9
ISLAMABAD - Islamabad High Court on Tuesday has ordered Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) Supremo and former three-time premier Nawaz Sharif to surrender himself before the law.
According to media details, IHC Division Bench comprising Justice Moshin Akhtar Kiyani and Justice Amir Farooq passed the order on appeal of Nawaz Sharif seeking exemption from appearance before the court in Avenfield case as Maryam Nawaz Sharif and other PML-N leaders appeared before the court.
“We are giving you one chance to surrender before the law,” Justice Mohsin Akhtar Kiyani observed and further remarked that “We have not declared you proclaimed offender and have given you a chance to surrender before the law”.
The bench directed Nawaz Sharif to appeared before the court whatever the situation was going through.
During the proceedings, the counsel of Nawaz Sharif presented medical reports of Nawaz Sharif but the court observed all these reports were not fresh.
The bench also restrained Maryam Nawaz Sharif from appearance before the court, observing that "let them decide first all these application".
The court adjourned the hearing on applications for exemption from appearance before the court in Avenfield and Al-Azizia reference till Sept 10.
- Who is Chuck Feeney, and why top Pakistani leaders are praising him?07:38 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Punjab approves Drug Amendment Bill 2020 to counter fake cosmetics ...06:56 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Islamabad police rescue Hungarian diplomats who lost their way in ...06:32 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- 640 new coronavirus cases reported; one death in past 24 hours in ...04:31 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle make it to the list of Time’s 100 most ...01:14 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Keanu Reeves reveals that The Matrix 4 is to be a Love Story01:11 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- I learnt how to ride a bike for 'Quaid e Azam Zindabad': Mahira Khan06:11 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020