PM Imran pledges ‘big package’ for construction section to save corona-hit labourers
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan announced on Thursday that a big package will be brought to aid the construction sector in the country, saying efforts being made to save labourers from unemployment due to coronavirus outbreak.
He was addressing a refunds distribution ceremony in Islamabad. The premier said that construction industry will be made operation fully in order to save people from dying due to hunger.
The government relief package will prove beneficial for everyone, he said, adding: “We are supporing business community as achieving progress without business and industries is impossible”.
The pandemic has affected economies across the globe, he said, adding that the US is fighting to counter corona and save economy at a time.
The coronavirus outbreak has badly affected the poor segment of the society, he said and urged affluent to look after the people hit by the disease financially.
“Pakistan has limited resources but we will overcome the outbreak with those are available,” he said, adding that he lockdown has been extended for two weeks to control the disease.
- First bulk cargo ship reaches at Gwadar port: Asim Bajwa05:46 PM | 30 May, 2020
- UK to provide further support Pakistan in fight against coronavirus05:39 PM | 30 May, 2020
- ColorOS 7 update to arrive on these OPPO phones in June05:17 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Grammy-winning artists from 7 countries collaborate for a Pakistani ...05:16 PM | 29 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020