AIOU upgrades media studies’ academic program
ISLAMABAD - Allama Iqbal Open University (AIOU) has launched BS (4-year) Mass Communication program from (autumn 2019) semester, as a part of its consistent efforts promoting media’s studies.
This is for the first-time that AIOU has come out with BS-level program. Online application for admission in this program will be received until October 25. The working journalists could also take benefit of this program, that was introduced for the first time.
The University has already running MA Mass Communication, besides M.Phil and PhD in this particular discipline for the last many years. Thousands of students and working journalists all over the country have been taking advantage of it, improving their academic profile and professional practices.
According to the Chairman Department of Mass Communication Dr Saqib Riaz, the University strictly adheres to prescribed merit-criteria as per the directives of the Vice-Chancellor Professor Dr Zia-Ul-Qayyum to ensure the quality of education.
The BS-level program will provide students with an opportunity to acquaint themselves with a creative, diverse, and challenging academic environment.
The academic program has been designed to cater the educational needs of those who due to one or another reason could not continue their education in the formal universities but are highly motivated to enhance their qualification for elevation to their job.
It will help and guide interested students for pursuing higher studies and research in mass communication.
An applicant having intermediate/higher secondary school pass certificate in the second division (at least 45 per cent marks) from any recognized institution is eligible for admission.
According to Director Admissions, all the eligible candidates from across the country will be given admission provided they have been fulfilled the required formalities.
However, the tutorial classes and workshops will only be held in Islamabad and Lahore.
- Coronavirus infection cases reach 1,495 in Pakistan11:16 AM | 29 Mar, 2020
- FM Qureshi says Global fight against Covid-19 requires multi-national ...10:52 AM | 29 Mar, 2020
- Punjab Govt decides to waive off taxes amounting to Rs 18 billion10:17 AM | 29 Mar, 2020
- Another special plane carrying second lot of medical supplies from ...09:03 AM | 29 Mar, 2020
- COVID19: Pakistan confirms 12 deaths; Coronavirus cases jump to 1,50011:59 PM | 28 Mar, 2020
- Baby Doll singer Kanika Kapoor tested positive for coronavirus03:40 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Michael Jackson ‘predicted’ coronavirus-like pandemic: Ex ...03:28 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Maya Ali is distributing ration bags among needy over Coronavirus ...03:16 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019