Pharma giants join hands to manufacture Covid-19 vaccine in Pakistan
KARACHI – The Searle Company Limited has inked an agreement with a Chinese pharmaceutical giant to manufacture the Covid-19 vaccine in Pakistan.
The leading pharmaceutical company has concluded an exclusive licensing and supply agreement with Livzon Mapharm Inc. for the ‘recombinant novel coronavirus vaccine (V-01)’. It also includes the manufacturing transition of (V-01) in Pakistan.
The Covid-19 vaccine developed by a Chinese firm has shown promising outcomes in phase I and II clinical trials. The phase-Ill clinical study will include numerous countries and register more than 20,000 subjects, with the aim to assess the efficacy of the vaccine.
The V-01 has many advantages including a strong safety profile, high neutralising antibody titre in vivo, long durability, and easy to scale up for manufacturing.
Pakistani court clears Russia's Sputnik-V vaccine ... 09:55 PM | 1 Apr, 2021
KARACHI – The Sindh High Court (SHC) on Thursday granted permission to a private company that has imported ...
On the other hand, the Drug Regulatory Authority of Pakistan DRAP has approved four vaccines including China’s Sinopharm and Cansino, Russia’s Sputnik V, and Oxford's AstraZeneca.
COVID-19 – First shipment of 60,000 single-dose ... 02:46 PM | 31 Mar, 2021
KARACHI – Pakistan received the first shipment of 60,000 doses of single-dose Chinese vaccine Convidecia, ...
- Ferozsons Laboratories salutes Healthcare Heroes by lighting National ...11:52 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Pakistan Army captain among three soldiers martyred in Waziristan ...11:02 PM | 5 May, 2021
- 100 DG Khan students graduate from US-funded English Access program10:09 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Negligence in serving expats unacceptable, PMImran tells Pakistani ...09:49 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Saboor Aly shares a heartwarming video from her Baat Paki celebration02:50 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Nazish Jahangir sheds light on the controversy with Mohsin Abbas ...02:10 PM | 5 May, 2021