Italy police seize $205k from US rapper Snoop Dogg
During a normal check at Lamezia Terme, the rapper was found with $422,820 in US cash, a police source told CNN. The maximum amount of cash that passengers traveling through Italy can carry without declaring it is €10,000 ($11,010.25). The rules were put in place to prevent money laundering.
To be exact, Italian Finance Police seized $205,933, the source said.
The rapper arrived in the country's southern region earlier this week in his private jet for a performance in the village of Montepaone. He told police that the cash was to pay his band for concerts in Italy and elsewhere, the source said.
Snoop Dogg then left for London. The finance police will open an investigation into the Italian concert and how the rapper was paid.
It is now likely to be returned, with a fine deducted, the Italian financial police said.
Snoop Dogg - whose real name is Calvin Broadus - is scheduled to play the Kendal Calling festival in northern England on Sunday, the BBC reported.
He has not responded to his latest detention and his current whereabouts are unconfirmed.
- YES — Sonia Naz becomes Pakistan’s first transgender person to ...01:36 AM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani companies come forward to develop Reko Diq gold, copper ...10:59 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Pakistan’s Faisal Edhi seeks Palestine visa amid Israeli bombardment10:53 PM | 17 May, 2021
- CSS exam lays bare FPSC fault lines yet again10:12 PM | 17 May, 2021
- #JusticeForZuhaMalik trends after TikToker shares videos of torture ...06:22 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Katrina Kaif sends birthday greetings to rumoured boyfriend Vicky ...04:14 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021