Ex-PM Zafarullah Jamali dies at 76
ISLAMABAD – Former prime minister Mir Zafarullah Khan Jamali died of cardiac issues on Wednesday.
Jamali, 76, was shifted to Armed Forces Institute of Cardiology Sunday night after complaining of chest pain. He was placed on ventilator on Monday after his health condition deteriorated. He had recovered from COVID-19 in May earlier this year.
He will be buried in his hometown Dera Murad Jamali, Balochistan.
A political leader from Balochistan, who born in 1944, served as the 15th prime minister of Pakistan from 2002 until his resignation in 2004.
Starting his political career from the platform of the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) during the 1970s, he later emerged as part of PML-N government.
He served as chief minister of Balochistan for two non-consecutive terms (from June–December 1988 and November 1996 –February 1997).
After the 1999 coup, he joined the PML-Q and became prime minister in 2002. Before 2018 election, Jamali joined the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI).
Pakistan’s ex-PM Zafarullah Jamali put on ... 06:56 PM | 30 Nov, 2020
RAWALPINDI – Former prime minister Mir Zafarullah Khan Jamali was placed on ventilator at a hospital in ...
Condolences pour in
Senate Chairman Sadiq Sinjarini, Railways Minister Sheikh Rasheed, PML-Q’s Chaudhry Shujat Hussain and Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi, federal ministers, provincial chief ministers and other politicians have expressed condolence over the sad demise of Jamali.
Chief of Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa also expressed heartfelt condonlence on the demise of the seasoned politician. “May Allah bless his soul & give strength to the bereaved family to bear this irreparable loss, Ameen”, said COAS.
General Qamar Javed Bajwa, #COAS, expresses heartfelt condolences on the sad demise of former Prime Minister of Pakistan Mir Zafarullah Khan Jamali. “May Allah bless his soul & give strength to the bereaved family to bear this irreparable loss, Ameen”, COAS.— DG ISPR (@OfficialDGISPR) December 2, 2020
Peoples from different walks of life also expressed sadness over the death of the former prime minister.
Ina lillah wa'ina ilayhi rajion— Adil Malkani (@adilmalkani10) December 2, 2020
I am deeply saddened to hear about the sudden demise of Mir Zafarullah khan Jamali Sb. My deepest condolences to the grieving family.
May his departed soul rest in peace.
إِنَّا لِلّهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعونَ— Dr Ishrat Ul Ebad (@drishratulebad) December 2, 2020
My heartfelt condolences over the sad demise of Former Prime Minister of Pakistan Mir Zafarullah Khan Jamali Sahib.
May blessings of Allah be upon him and give strength to the bereaved family to bear this irreparable loss.
- Happy Birthday Shahid Afridi: Wishes pour in for ‘Boom Boom’ on ...11:45 AM | 1 Mar, 2021
- Indian PM receives first dose of homegrown COVID-19 vaccine11:25 AM | 1 Mar, 2021
- Mirpur goes into lockdown amid alarming spike in Covid-19 cases11:05 AM | 1 Mar, 2021
- PSL 6, Match 12: Quetta Gladiators, Islamabad United to lock horns ...10:40 AM | 1 Mar, 2021
- Foreign Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - 2021-March-01- ...10:15 AM | 1 Mar, 2021
- Osman Khalid Butt takes to social media after 'wedding' pics with ...05:41 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Lady Gaga's French dogs returned unharmed06:52 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021