CM Sindh Murad Ali Shah angry over non-compliance by federal govt
Murad chaired a high-level apex committee meeting on Monday and reportedly felt displeased over the attitude of the federal government. The meeting was attended by Inspector General Sindh A.D Khawaja as well.
Talking to newsmen after the meeting, Sindh Chief Minister's Adviser on Information Maula Bux Chandio said that the federal government was not fulfilling its responsibilities or playing its due role with regard to the National Action Plan.
"The federal government has no clear policy with regard to banned militants," he said. "The federal government has also not fulfilled its role with regard to madrassahs," he added.
Chandio said that the federal government was also not supporting the provincial government as much as it should. He further claimed that IG Sindh AD Khawaja was present at the apex committee meeting and the overall atmosphere had been cordial.
"All institutions played an equal role in establishing peace across the province," said Chandio.
The provincial apex committee meeting was called by CM Sindh Murad Ali Shah. The meeting focused on the overall situation of law and order in the city as well as the ongoing Karachi operation.
DG Rangers Sindh Maj. Gen. Mohammad Saeed and Karachi Corps Commander Lt. Gen. Shahid Baig attended the apex committee for the very first time after his promotion.
During the meeting, the provincial government demanded that a list of 94 seminaries had been forwarded to the Interior Ministry and these madrassahs should be included in the first schedule.
The participants also mentioned that news pertaining to terrorists was still being broadcasted by Television channels and that there was no ban on misuse of the Internet.
The meeting also emphasized that the federal government should crack down on illegal arms and ammunition factories.
"Street criminals commit crimes and then seek refuge in Katchi abadis," he said.
- My investor is my master’, Pakistan’s PM Shehbaz tells Turkish ...05:40 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Imran Khan reaches Rawalpindi amid threats, to address PTI’s ...03:02 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- SBP governor confident of $1bn Sukuk repayment before due date02:44 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Sania Mirza rubs shoulder with husband Shoaib Malik amid divorce ...01:09 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Humaima Malick pays special tribute to Anjuman Shaheen at LUX Style ...10:05 PM | 25 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022
- Shehbaz Sharif, Imran Khan, Gen Bajwa named among world’s 500 most ...10:36 PM | 1 Nov, 2022
- India falls behind Pakistan, Myanmar in Global Hunger Index02:30 PM | 16 Oct, 2022