WhatsApp discontinues services for multiple mobile phones
In a blog post, the Facebook-owned service said: “This was a tough decision for us to make, but the right one in order to give people better ways to keep in touch with friends, family, and loved ones using WhatsApp. Those who own a phone powered by this very platform has no choice but to upgrade their device if they wish to continue using WhatsApp.”
There are several Nokia phones that have been affected by the new ban.
From the Asha series: Nokia Asha 201, Nokia Asha 205 Chat Edition, Nokia Asha 210, Nokia Asha 230 Single SIM, Nokia Asha 230 Dual SIM, Nokia Asha 300, Nokia Asha 302, Nokia Asha 303, Nokia Asha 305, Nokia Asha 306, Nokia Asha 308, Nokia Asha 309, Nokia Asha 310, Nokia Asha 311, Nokia Asha 500, Nokia Asha 501, Nokia Asha 502 and Nokia Asha 503.
This is not the first time the California-based company has withdrawn support for phones. Previously, the company had discontinued the support for Nokia Symbian S60, BlackBerry OS, BlackBerry 10 and Windows Phone 8.0.
The users of following operating systems can no longer create a new account, however, they will be able to continue using WhatsApp on:
- Android versions 2.3.7 and older until February 1, 2020
- iOS 7 and older until February 1, 2020
If you are currently using these older versions, it is recommended that you update to the following operating systems:
- Android running OS 4.0+
- Windows Phone 8.1 +
- iPhone running iOS 8+
However, on an Android or iOS device, users will need to log in with their phone number in order to keep using the same WhatsApp ID.
Currently, WhatsApp is available for Android, iOS and Windows 10 Mobile only.
- PM Shehbaz Sharif, CM Hamza Shehbaz appear in Rs16b money laundering ...03:00 PM | 28 May, 2022
- OIC concerned over life imprisonment for Kashmiri leader Yasin Malik01:20 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Govt announces criteria for ‘Sasta Petrol’ relief package12:40 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Pakistan observes Youm-e-Takbeer today12:00 PM | 28 May, 2022
- New Zealand PM pays tribute to Pakistan's Benazir Bhutto at Harvard07:07 PM | 27 May, 2022
- TikToker Dolly's bail plea in forest fire case dismissed by Islamabad ...06:09 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Shyra Roy shares her working experience with Hrithik Roshan07:53 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022