Five counter-terror officials arrested over student's death in Islamabad
ISLAMABAD – At least five Counter-Terrorism Force (CTF) officials have been detained for opening fire on a vehicle that killed a young man in Islamabad.
The detained personnel were reportedly shifted to Ramna police station of the federal capital.
Early on Saturday morning, 21-year-old Usama Satti died after ATS Islamabad Police fired 22 shots at the car near G-10 Srinagar Highway. The student reportedly received 17 bullet injuries
Officials said they received a complaint on Friday night for a robbery bid in Shams Colony. The vehicle CTF officials, who were on patrolling duty, followed the car with tinted glasses, and tried to stop it many times.
However, after many failed attempts to stop the car, the CTF officials shot fires on the tyre but the driver received bullets, which led to his death. The body was shifted to the hospital where his post-mortem was conducted.
Inspector General (IG) Islamabad police ordered an immediate probe into the firing case, and constituted an investigation team headed by the Deputy Inspector General (DIG).
Passerby girl killed in encounter near Punjab ... 07:01 PM | 22 Oct, 2020
LAHORE – A passerby girl was killed during exchange of fire between Dolphin Force and robbers near Punjab ...
- Mahira Khan’s new beach video goes viral07:28 PM | 19 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022