I never met Musharraf before becoming PM, Shaukat Aziz says in memoirs
At the event, he claimed to have never met General (Retd.) Pervaiz Musharraf before being appointed as Prime Minister in his military government.
According to Geo TV, the former premier said, "before that I was a banker which is a very boring job."
The book is co-authored by Sunday Times journalist Anna Mikhailova.
Aziz, who was Finance Minister before becoming premier, gives an inside account in his book of what it was like holding office in one of the most challenging parts of the world and the heartland of the global War on Terror.
The book details Aziz’s dealings with key global players such as Donald Rumsfeld, General James Jones and Tony Blair.
"From Banking to the Thorny World of Politics" also analyses Islamabad's relationship with Washington, its dealings with Afghanistan, Benazir Bhutto's comeback, and what Pakistan knew about Osama Bin Laden.
- Pakistan joins Digital Cooperation Organisation as founding member11:58 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- COVID-19 — Pakistan bans in-flight meal service on domestic flights11:39 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Maryam Nawaz 'was given rat-contaminated food in Kot Lakhpat Jail'10:46 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- BISE Lahore announces Inter Part-2 Exam Result – Here's how to check10:26 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Urwa Hocane's father responds to 'separation' with Farhan Saeed07:25 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Nabeel Zuberi takes lead role in Aulaad05:29 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Mehwish Hayat surprised by secret admirer (VIDEO)05:21 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020