Ex-MPA dies of coronavirus in Punjab
LAHORE – A former Member of Provincial Assembly (MPA) from Punjab’s Sargodha district has died of coronavirus.
Haji Allah Yar Ansari, 78, remained in quarantine at home but was later shifted to the hospital when his condition deteriorated, the DAWN reported on Saturday.
Born on May 1, 1943 in Khushab District, Allah Yar did his Intermediate in 1962 from the Government College Joharabad. He was elected to the Punjab Assembly on Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) ticket in 1997.
His relatives and friends flouted rules as they did not allow the special team to proceed with the burial.
His family and close contacts will also be tested for COVID-19 infection.
The total number of coronavirus cases in Pakistan rose to a total of 18,272 on Saturday, with at least 417 fatalities across the South Asian country.
- Three Pakistan soldiers martyred in Balochistan terrorist attack09:49 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- UAE moves to third stage of COVID-19 vaccine trials09:46 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan stands by Turkey against FETO threat, Imran tells Erdogan09:29 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- UAE’s Covid-19 vaccine enters final testing stage09:25 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistani university announces fee waiver for Spring semester amid ...09:18 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Asim and I share a bond beyond anyone’s comprehension: Hania Amir05:22 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Hadiqa Kiani releases song to pay tribute to Kashmiri Martyrs12:38 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Nadia Jamil updates her fans about her recovery after chemo12:13 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020