ICC clears Virat Kohli in walkie-talkie issue
Kohli was sitting in the dug-out and TV footage showed him talking on the walkie talkie at the Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium.
“While walkie talkie is used by support staff to communicate between the dugout and the dressing room, Kohli had sought permission from Venue ACU manager before using it,” an ICC official, who did not wish to be named, told Indian news agency.
There were some media reports that suggested Kohli had violated ICC regulations by using a communication device during a match. But Kohli had sought the ICC’s Anti Corruption Security Unit’s permission to use a walkie talkie.
Though use of mobile phones is banned in the dressing room, players and support staff have access to walkie talkies under ICC rules.
India won the opening match of the three-match series by 53 runs to take a 1-0 lead.
- “We always try to play it like a normal match”: says Babar Azam ...06:44 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Farah Khan serves another legal notice on Atta Tarar for ...05:44 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Wife of Shahbaz Gill’s driver arrested for ‘rioting, assault on ...05:20 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Maryam Noor's beach photos set the internet on fire05:00 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Ayeza Khan trolled for fashion choices04:37 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022