ICC clears Virat Kohli in walkie-talkie issue
Kohli was sitting in the dug-out and TV footage showed him talking on the walkie talkie at the Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium.
“While walkie talkie is used by support staff to communicate between the dugout and the dressing room, Kohli had sought permission from Venue ACU manager before using it,” an ICC official, who did not wish to be named, told Indian news agency.
There were some media reports that suggested Kohli had violated ICC regulations by using a communication device during a match. But Kohli had sought the ICC’s Anti Corruption Security Unit’s permission to use a walkie talkie.
Though use of mobile phones is banned in the dressing room, players and support staff have access to walkie talkies under ICC rules.
India won the opening match of the three-match series by 53 runs to take a 1-0 lead.
- Aima Baig trolled for playing 'religion card' after cheating ...10:40 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Swedish scientist wins Nobel Prize for medicine over DNA work10:15 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Vaneeza Ahmed criticises Ayeza Khan’s social media presence10:05 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Women’s T20 Asia Cup: Pakistan beat Bangladesh by 9 wickets09:18 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Ali Zafar releases new Punjabi song08:57 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Saba Qamar sets temperature soaring with new clicks05:00 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Sana Fakhar's workout video takes the internet by storm08:20 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- US cipher is a reality, says PTI05:20 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022