Fayyazul Hassan Chohan removed as Punjab information minister
LAHORE – Punjab Information Minister Fayyazul Hassan Chohan removed from the post in latest development.
Firdous Ashiq Awan has been appointed special assistant to chief minister on information.
However, Chohan will continue to keep the portfolio of colonies ministry.
Moreover, provincial Minister for Cooperative Mehar Muhammad Aslam and Minister for Prisons Zawar Hussain Warraich have also been removed, said a notification.
This is the second time, Chohan has been removed from the post of information minister as earlier the Punjab government had sacked him in March 2019 over his offensive remarks for Hindu community.
He was restored as information minister after over nine months in December 2019.
- WATCH: Rangers deployed in Bhong after mob ransacks Hindu temple11:35 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Pakistan Army Chief calls for resolution of Kashmir dispute as per ...11:09 AM | 5 Aug, 2021
- PM Imran reaffirms Pakistan’s resolute support for Kashmiris on ...10:46 AM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Nation observes Youm-e-Istehsal today to mark 2 years of military ...10:16 AM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Komal Rizvi celebrates 40th birthday with family09:56 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Wife accuses Yo Yo Honey Singh of domestic violence05:34 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Aima Baig dances her heart out on sister’s mayoun (VIDEO)04:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021