3rd ODI: Pakistan win against Sri Lanka by 5 wickets
KARACHI – Pakistan brushed aside Sri Lanka by 5 wickets in the third and final one-day international (ODI) match.
Sri Lanka won the toss and set 298 runs target against Pakistan at the National Stadium Karachi on Wednesday.
Opener Danushka Gunathilaka scored 133 runs while Dasun Shanaka contributed 43 to the total in 50 overs; the visiting team lost 9 wickets in its innings.
On the other hand, Muhammad Aamir took 3 wickets while Usman Khan Shinwari, Muhammad Nawaz, Wahab Riaz, and Shadab Khan sent one batsman each to the pavilion.
In response, Pakistan's opener Fakhar Zaman scored 76 off 91 balls, aided by Abid Ali who contributed 74.
Pakistan clinched the target in 49th over with 10 balls in hand. Nuwan Pradeep took 2 wickets while Jayasuria and Hasaranga took one wicket each.
Pakistan won the series 2-0 after winning the second match on Monday by 67 runs. The first ODI was washed out.
The Islanders made three changes to their squad. Sadeera Samarawickrama, Isuru Udana and Oshada Fernando have not been picked up while Minod Bhanuka, Lakshan Sandakan and Angelo Perera are in.
Pakistan made two changes to their playing XI. Abid Ali and Mohammad Nawaz have replaced Imam-ul-Haq and Imad Wasim.
Pakistan: 1 Fakhar Zaman, 2 Abid Ali, 3 Babar Azam, 4 Haris Sohail, 5 Sarfraz Ahmed (capt.) (wk), 6 Iftikhar Ahmed, 7 Mohammad Nawaz, 8 Shadab Khan, 9 Wahab Riaz, 10 Mohammad Amir, 11 Usman Shinwari
Sri Lanka: 1 Avishka Fernando 2 Danushka Gunathilaka, 3 Minod Bhanuka (wk), 4 Angelo Perera, 5 Lahiru Thirimanne (capt.), 6 Shehan Jayasuriya, 7 Dasun Shanaka, 8 Lakshan Sandakan, 9 Wanindu Hasaranga, 10 Lahiru Kumara, 11 Nuwan Pradeep
- IMF predicts recovery in Pakistan's economy during 202112:12 AM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 245,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,105 confirmed ...11:08 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- School of Tomorrow – The world’s premier schools & societies ...10:11 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran intervenes as PIA suffers setbacks over license scandal09:53 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Punjab’s youngest MPA Sania Ashiq tests positive for coronavirus08:53 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Actress Naya Rivera presumed dead after disappearance on boat trip ...01:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Meghan Markle, Priyanka Chopra, Michelle Obama to speak at UN's ...11:55 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- I will not no longer do item songs in films: Sadaf Sabzwari11:45 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020