Islamabad colleges get gyms to promote healthy activities among students
ISLAMABAD – In an initiative to promote healthy activities in educational institutions of Islamabad, fitness centres have been established at six colleges for boys while the similar facilities are being set in four girls colleges.
Islamabad Capital Territory (ICT) has taken the steps on the directions of Minister for Federal Education and Professional Training Shafqat Mahmood.
The gyms will promote healthy lifestyle activities among the children of these institutions and nearby community areas.
The gyms at boys institutions are equipped with treadmills, bench press sets, strength machines, multifunction exercise machines, medicine balls, dumbbells, skipping ropes, etc.
List of boys colleges is given below:
Federal Minister Shafqat Mahmood said that this initiative will promote interactive learning which would stimulate growing student's mind and body in ways that math and science cannot.
“Studies have shown that going to gym class breaks up a trying day and teaches students that a little physical activity can be a great way to de-stress,” read the press release.
- UN stockpiling billion syringes for Covid-19 vaccine11:50 PM | 19 Oct, 2020
- Punjab govt finds Ramazan Bazaar-type solution to beat inflation10:59 PM | 19 Oct, 2020
- PM’s special aide Sania Nishtar tests positive for coronavirus09:53 PM | 19 Oct, 2020
- Eid Miladun Nabi — PIA announces special discount on flights for ...08:47 PM | 19 Oct, 2020
- Top UK general acknowledges Pakistan Army's efforts for regional peace08:25 PM | 19 Oct, 2020
- Is '50 Crore' truly a desi version of 'Money Heist'?02:28 PM | 19 Oct, 2020
- Yolanda Hadid shares new photo of Gigi Hadid and Zayn Malik's baby ...12:08 PM | 19 Oct, 2020
- Zaid Ali T gifts his wife a brand new car11:27 AM | 19 Oct, 2020
- PTA unblocks Tiktok in Pakistan03:16 PM | 19 Oct, 2020
- PCB announces squad for Zimbabwe series01:53 PM | 19 Oct, 2020
- Captain (retd) Safdar's arrest occurred under "extreme pressure", ...12:25 PM | 19 Oct, 2020
- Nawaz Sharif’s summons posted in local newspapers11:19 AM | 19 Oct, 2020