Islamabad colleges get gyms to promote healthy activities among students
ISLAMABAD – In an initiative to promote healthy activities in educational institutions of Islamabad, fitness centres have been established at six colleges for boys while the similar facilities are being set in four girls colleges.
Islamabad Capital Territory (ICT) has taken the steps on the directions of Minister for Federal Education and Professional Training Shafqat Mahmood.
The gyms will promote healthy lifestyle activities among the children of these institutions and nearby community areas.
The gyms at boys institutions are equipped with treadmills, bench press sets, strength machines, multifunction exercise machines, medicine balls, dumbbells, skipping ropes, etc.
List of boys colleges is given below:
Federal Minister Shafqat Mahmood said that this initiative will promote interactive learning which would stimulate growing student's mind and body in ways that math and science cannot.
“Studies have shown that going to gym class breaks up a trying day and teaches students that a little physical activity can be a great way to de-stress,” read the press release.
- $6 million PUBG Mobile Global Championship to kick off in Nov12:23 AM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Pakistan reaches 1 million shots a day after strong warnings to ...12:12 AM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Wuhan to test entire population after virus resurfaces11:18 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- PAKvWI: Pakistan win series against Windies as final T20I rained-off11:10 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Danyal Zafar drops hint about getting married soon10:06 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- What made Sara Ali Khan apologise to her parents?06:24 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat confirms playing Benazir Bhutto in upcoming biopic05:25 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Kabul security team gets briefing on alleged abduction of Afghan ...11:34 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021