SHC suspends notification of removing IG AD Khawaja
The Sindh government had surrendered the services of Khawaja to the federal government, but it replaced the IG by appointing another grade-21 police officer Abdul Majeed as acting IG without waiting for any response from Islamabad.
The court has further ordered Abdul Majeed to hand over the charge to Khawaja, and has directed the government not to remove the IG until next hearing of the case.
Last year, Sindh government and the federal government had engaged in a tug-of-war regarding A.D. Khawaja’s appointment. On December 19, 2016, Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah had allegedly sent him on a 15-day leave. Responsibilities of IG Sindh Police had been given to Additional IG Mushtaq Mehar, according to a notification.
A.D. Khawaja had assumed the charge as IG Sindh in March 2016, replacing Ghulam Haider Jamali, who was sacked in March 2016 on corruption charges.
- 'Azadi March': Lahore police fire tear gas at PTI workers (VIDEO)11:46 AM | 25 May, 2022
- Another US school shooting leaves 19 children dead11:22 AM | 25 May, 2022
- Islamabad police issue traffic plan ahead of PTI’s long march10:48 AM | 25 May, 2022
- Azadi March – Road blockades disrupt fuel supplies in parts of ...10:28 AM | 25 May, 2022
- Containment, arrests as Imran-led PTI marches on Islamabad today09:58 AM | 25 May, 2022
- Sajal's healing words for Ahad's ailing aunt win her praise11:15 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Pakistani beauty mogul Shiza teams up with Selena Gomez for cookware ...10:17 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Srha Asghar and Rabya Kulsoom's dance video goes viral06:18 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022