Power breakdown in Lahore as electricity shortfall reaches 3000MW
The overall demand for electricity is 21,000MW while the production is 18,000MW.
Sources reveal that Lesco is facing a 550MW power shortage due to which several areas of Lahore are undergoing three to six hours of announced load-shedding.
The production of hydropower has also been affected due to reduced water emissions from Mangla Dam.
According to Lesco authorities, the technical fault that occurred last night has been controlled whereas the power shutdown is happening as a result of usual technical faults.
Complaints of tripping due to system overload are also being received causing an increase in the demand for electricity.
A major power crisis hit Lesco late Wednesday night for more than six hours forcing people to bear the hot and humid conditions. As per details, a technical fault occurred in the Lesco system due to an increase in power supply demand.
Fault in 220KV Sheikhupura transmission line suspended the provision of electricity from Bund road grid station.
The affected areas were provided power from alternate grids which overloaded them and affected other parts too.
- PM Imran meets Pakistan’s T20 World Cup squad today12:14 PM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Turkish President Erdogan calls for settlement of Kashmir issue under ...11:36 AM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Mardan orphan student sets record by obtaining full marks in matric10:57 AM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Taliban ask to speak at UN, nominate Suhail Shaheen as Afghan envoy10:32 AM | 22 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran fears civil war if Taliban fail to form inclusive govt in ...10:06 AM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Bakhtawar Bhutto sends adorable birthday gift to brother Bilawal04:36 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Neha Rajpoot and Shahbaz Taseer spark marriage rumours05:00 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Birthday wishes pour in for Kareena Kapoor Khan03:16 PM | 21 Sep, 2021