Five Pakistani cricketers nominated for ICC’s ODI team of the decade
DUBAI – Five Pakistan cricketers, three men and two women, have been nominated for the International Cricket Council (ICC) ODI teams of the decade for their respective sides.
The ICC will pick 11 players from the list of 16 players published by the ICC for the Men’s ODI XI and the Women’s ODI XI for the decade.
Pakistan’s former spinner Saeed Ajmal, ex-captain and current head coach of Pakistan team Misbahul Haq and all-rounder Mohammad Hafeez have been nominated for the Men’s ODI XI Team of the Decade.
Javeria Khan and Sana Mir are in the run to be selected for the Women’s XI team.
Earlier, Misbah, who led the team in 2015 ICC World Cup, was nominated for the Spirit of Cricket Award of the Decade whereas leg-spinner Yasir Shah was nominated for the prestigious category of Men’s Test Player of the Decade.
The awards are announced annually to celebrate the outstanding performance of players in the past ten years.
To be an eligible nominee, a player must have played international matches in the relevant format for at least five years during the performance period.
- 38 years of fame: Green-eyed Afghan girl from famous magazine cover ...12:20 AM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Lt Gen Nigar Johar becomes first woman colonel commandant of Pakistan ...11:18 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- US President Biden invites PM Imran to virtual summit on democracy10:56 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Karachi Zoo director removed after rare white lion dies of negligence09:52 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Punjab governor meets members of Scottish Parliament09:26 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Pakistani stars heartbroken after rare white lion dies at Karachi Zoo05:22 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Latest video of TikTok star Alishbah Anjum’s takes the internet by ...03:57 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Hania Aamir's new dance video goes viral03:22 PM | 26 Nov, 2021