'Lady of Heaven' – PTA bans promo of sacrilegious film
Approaches social media platforms for removal of the movie
ISLAMABAD - The Pakistan Telecommunication Authority on Sunday approached different social media platforms, directing them to block content in the country pertaining to what it termed the sacrilegious film titled "Lady in Heaven".
Keeping in view "different reports" regarding the movie and its "sacrilegious content", the PTA said in a press release that social media platforms including YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter have been directed "for immediate blocking of all content related to the said movie from their platforms".
Press Release: PTA has approached social media platforms for removal of trailers regarding sacrilegious movie titled “Lady of Heaven". pic.twitter.com/TwpnmlH4AH— PTA (@PTAofficialpk) January 3, 2021
Furthermore, the authority said 336 links containing promotional material of the movie have been reported to the different platforms.
Back in Dec 25, PTA issued notices to Google Inc. and Wikipedia on account of disseminating sacrilegious content through the platforms.
Pakistan issues notice to Google, Wikipedia for ... 03:53 PM | 25 Dec, 2020
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) Friday issued notices to Google Inc. and Wikipedia on ...
- PM Imran Khan launches Nandana Fort as heritage site tomorrow11:43 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Karachi man who orchestrated 'revenge rape' attack detained10:42 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- PSL 2021, Match 10 – Peshawar Zalmi beat Islamabad United by 6 ...10:16 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Bilal Saeed's 'Baari' crosses 100 million views milestone on Youtube08:56 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- 'Chaar Darkht' – Ali Gul Pir trolls India in #FantasticTeaDay video05:14 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021