Trees worth millions turn into ashes as Ayubia forest fire continues for third day
ABBOTTABAD – Hundreds of trees have turned into ashes while a large number of wild animals burnt to death as the fire in the surrounding forests of Muskpuri Top continued for the third day.
The officials of the National Park management, as well as the wildlife department, have declared the premises under the administration of Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK).
Galyat DSP said that he contacted the forest department but received no response. "We sent police to Mushkpuri Top to escort tourists after learning about the fire."
Forest Department Chief Conservator Azhar Ali Khan said they have alarmed the officials to contain the fire. It would be premature to say what exactly had caused the fire, he added.
On the other hand, local residents have blamed the forest department for the fire to hide their corruption with the timber mafia. The area resident alleged that the forest area was set on fire after the top court asked for proof of trees planted under the Billion Tree Tsunami Project.
- Who can attend Hajj 2021? Saudi Arabia makes key announcement05:37 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- IHC orders removal of ex-ISI chief Durrani’s name from ECL04:53 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Twitter reacts to #PSL 2021 suspension04:25 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- PM Imran nominates Sadiq Sanjrani for Senate Chairmanship03:56 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Journalist Saadia Afzaal drops major clue about ‘marriage’ with ...03:30 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Rakhi Sawant and brother Rakesh accused of fraud02:22 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Mahira Khan faces backlash for supporting Mera Jism Meri Marzi slogan02:05 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Deepika Padukone and Tiger Shroff accused of plagiarism07:21 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021