Cricket World Cup 2019, Live Score: England defeat New Zealand by 119 runs
DURHAM - England humbled New Zealand by 119 runs in a fresh encounter of ICC World Cup 2019 at The Riverside on Wednesday.
England won the toss and opted to bat first against New Zealand and posted a massive 306 runs target in 50 overs; Jonny Bairstow scored 106 runs while Jason Roy contributed 60.
On the other hand, James Neesham and Matt Henry took two wickets each.
New Zealand were able to score 186 runs in 45 overs before being bowled out by England .
Tom Latham scored 57 runs while Ross Taylor contributed 28; Mark Wood took three wickets.
Earlier, England sit on the fourth position on the points table with 10 points from eight games, while New Zealand ware on the third spot with 11 points from eight games.
The hosts need to beat New Zealand to book a place in the semi-final, while a loss will see them out of the tournament. For New Zealand, a win would mean a straight place in the final four of the World Cup.
According to the forecast, the weather is expected to be partly cloudy.
Eoin Morgan (c), Moeen Ali, Jofra Archer, Jonny Bairstow, Jos Buttler (w), Tom Curran, Liam Dawson, Liam Plunkett, Adil Rashid, Joe Root, Jason Roy, Ben Stokes, James Vince, Chris Woakes, Mark Wood
New Zealand squad:
Kane Williamson (c), Ross Taylor, Tom Latham (w), Tom Blundell (w), Mitchell Santner, Colin de Grandhomme, Lockie Ferguson, Tim Southee, Trent Boult, Colin Munro, Ish Sodhi, Henry Nicholls, Martin Guptill, Matt Henry, Jimmy Neesham.
- PM Imran says economy on right track, expresses good times ahead for ...01:31 PM | 23 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019