IPL in danger as two players contract coronavirus
MUMBAI – Future matches of the Indian Premier League have left in doubt following the postponement of the game scheduled to take place today as two of the players tested positive for novel coronavirus.
The much-awaited match between Kolkata Knight Riders against Royal Challengers Bangalore has been called off as two players contracted Covid-19.
According to the Indian media, Varun Chakravarthy reportedly contracted the deadly virus while undergoing a scan at a hospital where the player might have got exposed. Their visit to the hospital breached the tournament’s bio-secure bubble.
Official Announcement:— Royal Challengers Bangalore (@RCBTweets) May 3, 2021
Today’s match between KKR and RCB has been postponed by the BCCI as per IPL Safety Guidelines after Varun Chakaravarthy and Sandeep Warrier tested positive for COVID.
We wish Varun and Sandeep a speedy recovery. 🙌🏻🙏🏻#PlayBold #IPL2021 #KKRvRCB pic.twitter.com/yctoffeW3C
Meanwhile, doctors appointed in the league continuously observing the health of the 29-year-old spinner, and a 30-year-old fast bowler. As for now, the other players of the Kolkata Knight Riders tested negative for the virus while the franchise or the IPL is yet to issue a statement over the serious matter.
The authorities earlier formed bio-secure bubbles around the eight teams ahead of India’s biggest tournament as the second devastating wave of Covid-19 swept across the south asian country. This is the first incidence since the start of this 2021 season which started a few months earlier.
IPL 2021 – Indian organisers tightlipped amid ... 08:08 PM | 26 Apr, 2021
NEW DELHI – The organisers of International Premier League (IPL), which is taking place in India despite ...
As of Monday, India reported more than 300,000 fresh Covid infections for a 12th straight day - taking its overall caseload to nearly 20 million. With 368,147 new cases over the past 24 hours, the country’s total infections stand at 19.93 million, while total fatalities are 218,959.
T20 World Cup could be moved out of India as ... 11:10 PM | 1 May, 2021
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) is considering an option to host the 2021 men's T20 World Cup in UAE ...
- Pakistan expresses concerns over seizure of uranium in India11:13 AM | 8 May, 2021
- Pakistan, Saudi Arabia sign agreements to boost bilateral ties (VIDEO)10:09 AM | 8 May, 2021
- Pakistani soldier wounded in Afghan cross border firing09:45 AM | 8 May, 2021
- Meet UAE's most followed social media star - Omar Hassan10:14 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Sania Mirza surprises everyone on show Jeeto Pakistan League (VIDEO)06:46 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Ali Rehman Khan celebrates 33rd birthday in style04:19 PM | 7 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021
- Tips to follow when walking for weight loss08:11 PM | 29 Apr, 2021