CM Punjab constitutes committee of experts to battle smog
In many cities of Punjab, including Lahore, people faced difficulties due to smog as the visibility level was very low. The smog in the air is believed to be harmful for health.
Shahbaz Sharif took notice and made a committee of 20 experts who would suggest how to lessen the smog .
According to DG Metrological department, Dr Ghulam Rasool, the thick layer of smog blanketing Lahore and other parts of central Punjab for over the last 48 hours will prevail for next two months.
“This situation is going to last till the end of December, as it hasn’t rained in the central Punjab since October,” said Dr Ghulam Rasool, Director General of the Pakistan Meteorological Department.
- Pakistan PM Imran Khan addresses special UNGA session (VIDEO)01:49 AM | 4 Dec, 2020
- Five Pakistani cricketers nominated for ICC’s ODI team of the decade11:21 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Pakistan condemns assassination of top Iranian scientist Mohsen ...10:58 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Aseefa Bhutto's 'great debut' reminds Pakistan of Benazir08:46 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Maya Ali ‘blessed’ to work with Shoaib Mansoor08:09 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020