VIDEO: Rolls-Royce Phantom swallowed by sinkhole in China
The unnamed driver, who escaped without injury, had been sitting at a traffic signal on Sunday waiting for the green light. When it changed, he moved forward and suddenly his US$750,000 Rolls-Royce Phantom plunged headlong into a sinkhole. He then opened the driver’s side window and climbed out.
The incident was captured in a video that was widely circulated on social media after being posted on the Chinese streaming site Pear Video.
While many Chinese netizens blamed the poor quality of the roads for the phenomenon, others mocked the luxury car's high kerb weight of 2,590 kilogrammes, which is almost 1,000 kg heavier than an average midsize car.
- Covid19: Pakistan reports 516 new infections, 13 deaths in a day09:58 AM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:23 AM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 27 October 202109:10 AM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Saudi Arabia pumps $3 billion into SBP reserves to support Pakistan ...12:20 AM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Shariat court declares Swara 'un-Islamic'11:45 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Shaista Lodhi all set to become the new face of PTV's morning show04:59 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Birthday wishes pour in as Faysal Quraishi turns 4804:29 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Minal Khan shares glimpses of her Nathia Gali trip with Ahsan Mohsin ...06:00 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021