COVID-19: 'Please don’t make videos of people receiving Ration', says Shehzad Roy
ISLAMABAD - Popular singer cum national activist Shehzad Roy has urged people to refrain from making videos while distributing ration to underprivileged during the coronavirus lockdown. Taking to Twitter, he thanked people who are helping the needy amid the crisis.
“A big thanks to all who provide ration to the needy,” he wrote. He added, “A humble request, please don’t make videos of people receiving it, as this makes them uncomfortable seeing themselves on social media.”
A big thanks to all who provide ration to the needy. A humble request , please don’t make videos of people receiving it,as this makes them uncomfortable seeing themselves on social media .— Shehzad Roy (@ShehzadRoy) April 3, 2020
Many celebrities, relief organisations and individuals have stepped forward to provide ration bags to those affected by the lockdown.
Earlier, Shehzad shared his journey in Pakistan’s fight against COVID-19. He had pushed for school closures, postponed exams, freed under-trial prisoners from jail and protected daily wage earners, he said.
Have anything to add to the story? Let us know in the comments section below.
- Governor House doctor arrested on charges of raping woman11:57 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Jahangir Tareen responds to speculations about London visit11:28 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Sindh Governor Ismail donates plasma for COVID-19 patients10:14 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- PCB central contract — Bisma retains Pakistan captaincy, head coach ...09:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- PM stresses anti-coronavirus SOPs to avert tough times08:48 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Kylie Jenner tops Forbes' list of the highest-paid celebrities in the ...03:37 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020