COVID-19: 'Please don’t make videos of people receiving Ration', says Shehzad Roy
ISLAMABAD - Popular singer cum national activist Shehzad Roy has urged people to refrain from making videos while distributing ration to underprivileged during the coronavirus lockdown. Taking to Twitter, he thanked people who are helping the needy amid the crisis.
“A big thanks to all who provide ration to the needy,” he wrote. He added, “A humble request, please don’t make videos of people receiving it, as this makes them uncomfortable seeing themselves on social media.”
A big thanks to all who provide ration to the needy. A humble request , please don’t make videos of people receiving it,as this makes them uncomfortable seeing themselves on social media .— Shehzad Roy (@ShehzadRoy) April 3, 2020
Many celebrities, relief organisations and individuals have stepped forward to provide ration bags to those affected by the lockdown.
Earlier, Shehzad shared his journey in Pakistan’s fight against COVID-19. He had pushed for school closures, postponed exams, freed under-trial prisoners from jail and protected daily wage earners, he said.
Have anything to add to the story? Let us know in the comments section below.
- Pakistan surpasses 280,000 cases of coronavirus – 6,010 confirmed ...11:48 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Gold prices reach shocking $2,000 per ounce for first time ever11:37 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Pakistani boy becomes internet sensation with videos of long jump ...10:39 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- At least 10 killed after massive explosions shake Lebanon’s Beirut ...09:14 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Insurance amount for Karachi plane crash victims increased to Rs10 ...08:14 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- I have received many marriage proposals from Pakistan: Cengiz Coskun04:30 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- 21 years of working would not have happened with just nepotism: ...03:14 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020