US runner breaks Guinness record with 12-hour run on treadmill
The event took place at the University of Denver’s Ritchie Center from 9:30 am to 9:30 pm, the Denver Post reported.
Staley’s record beat one set last year by his friend Denis Mikhaylov, who ran 80.53 miles on a treadmill in New York City.
“It was in a friendly spirit,” Staley, 30, tells Yahoo Health. “I thought Denis could have done better and figured if I give it a go, maybe Denis will come back and crush it.”
While Staley trained for this record, he stresses that he doesn’t like competition, noting that he often decides to do a race at the last minute and does them on occasion to challenge himself.
“If I show up to a race and people are stretching, I know I’m in the wrong place,” he says.
Staley says he wasn’t bored by his record-breaking run, since “there was always something to concentrate on.”
While there was no TV, Staley’s friends entertained him with dance parties and stationary bike challenges while he ran.
After about six hours, he says, his stomach started churning, which actually ended up distracting him.
“I just went into a pain cave and stayed there for the rest of the time,” he says.
- Pakistan denies any 'understanding' with US on use of airspace12:30 AM | 24 Oct, 2021
- TLP announces committee for talks with government11:50 PM | 23 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup: Defending champions West Indies take a shocking start ...11:15 PM | 23 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup: Cricket lovers in frenzy ahead of Pak vs India match10:35 PM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Resham celebrates birthday in style with friends and family03:59 PM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Inside Usman Mukhtar and Zunaira Inam's fairytale wedding07:05 PM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Ushna Shah's new bold photos set internet on fire04:56 PM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021