Iran’s Sohrab Moradi breaks two records at World Weightlifting Championship 2017
Moradi, who won gold at the 2016 Rio Olympics, scored an easy victory over Lithuania's Aurimas Didzbalis by 29 kilograms.
(Men's 94kg category)
He broke his own World Record in the Total by 4kg. pic.twitter.com/gz3YZS5C3s
— IranNewsroom (@IranNewsroom) December 4, 2017
The 29-year-old Moradi jumped from 220 kilograms to 233 kilograms on his fifth lift to break the clean-and-jerk world record of 232 kilograms. His 417-kilogram total topped his own world record by four kilograms.
Iran's Seyedayoob Mousavijahari finished in third place, three kilograms behind Didzbalis.
Meanwhile, Chile's Arley Mendez defeated Olympic champion Kianoush Rostami of Iran in the 85-kilogram class.
Rostami, who recently injured his left knee, missed all three clean-and-jerk attempts and failed to register a total.
- Student kidnapped by ex-fiancé in Lahore found in Arifwala10:51 PM | 22 May, 2022
- Pakistani professor makes it to list of top 100 scientists in medicine10:11 PM | 22 May, 2022
- Shehbaz warns Imran against 'instigating civil war'09:01 PM | 22 May, 2022
- Is Aamir Liaquat getting ready for fourth marriage? Here’s all you ...07:49 PM | 22 May, 2022
- FAKE NEWS: Fact-check shows no Riphah University student raped, ...07:21 PM | 22 May, 2022
- Mira Sethi’s smoking photo goes viral02:35 PM | 22 May, 2022
- Saba Qamar’s new dance video in saree goes viral01:33 PM | 22 May, 2022
- Anmol Baloch’s new bold photo draws severe criticism11:25 AM | 22 May, 2022
- Dollar hits all-time high at Rs19212:45 PM | 12 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022