Tax Amendment Ordinance to promote trade, facilitate traders
ISLAMABAD - The Tax Amendment Ordinance has made corrections in law to accommodate reasonable demands of traders for the development and promotion of trade and business activities in the country.
According to a press release issued by Federal Board of Revenue on Saturday that since CNIC disclosure of every sale is a major requirement of law now, the traders were rightfully demanding a decrease in the minimum tax rate as the majority of taxpayers were earlier paying the minimum tax on grossly suppressed sales.
In view to encouraging correct declarations, the rate of minimum tax has been rationalized, it said adding that medium-sized traders have been absolved from their liability as withholding agent to increase ease of doing business. The trade associations have committed to getting all medium and large-sized retailers registered with income tax.
The association have also nominated their representatives to evaluate the turnover of the under-declaring business and have also joined hands with FBR for dispute resolution in audits.
FBR considers that the future of taxation lies in collaboration with taxpayers as opposed to confrontation.
It is likely that this arrangement will achieve a win-win situation for traders and FBR in achieving goals of documentation and reasonable taxation without creating fear and distorted economic behaviour.
- Pakistan’s mediation between Iran, Saudi Arabia making progress: PM ...01:51 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Ex-GB governor Syed Pir Karam Ali Shah dies at 8612:58 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- COAS Bajwa interacts with senior serving, retired military officers ...12:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- World Bank announces new Country Director for Pakistan11:51 AM | 4 Aug, 2020
- From Acting to ‘Action!’: Saba Qamar to make directorial debut ...05:32 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Nothing Like Everything: Ayyan Ali announces first-ever music album04:56 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Filmmakers around the world take to part in Iran’s Resistance Film ...10:27 AM | 3 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020