Tax Amendment Ordinance to promote trade, facilitate traders
ISLAMABAD - The Tax Amendment Ordinance has made corrections in law to accommodate reasonable demands of traders for the development and promotion of trade and business activities in the country.
According to a press release issued by Federal Board of Revenue on Saturday that since CNIC disclosure of every sale is a major requirement of law now, the traders were rightfully demanding a decrease in the minimum tax rate as the majority of taxpayers were earlier paying the minimum tax on grossly suppressed sales.
In view to encouraging correct declarations, the rate of minimum tax has been rationalized, it said adding that medium-sized traders have been absolved from their liability as withholding agent to increase ease of doing business. The trade associations have committed to getting all medium and large-sized retailers registered with income tax.
The association have also nominated their representatives to evaluate the turnover of the under-declaring business and have also joined hands with FBR for dispute resolution in audits.
FBR considers that the future of taxation lies in collaboration with taxpayers as opposed to confrontation.
It is likely that this arrangement will achieve a win-win situation for traders and FBR in achieving goals of documentation and reasonable taxation without creating fear and distorted economic behaviour.
- Four Grade-17 officers dismissed over BISP corruption08:00 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- PM Imran to inaugurate Gujranwala shuttle train on Feb 5th06:55 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- PM Imran hails Quetta hero who saved more than 100 lives06:43 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Syllabus of Class 1st-8th to be changed in Cantonment areas06:31 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Afghan Taliban agree to implement 10-day ceasefire with US troops06:23 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019