Tax Amendment Ordinance to promote trade, facilitate traders
ISLAMABAD - The Tax Amendment Ordinance has made corrections in law to accommodate reasonable demands of traders for the development and promotion of trade and business activities in the country.
According to a press release issued by Federal Board of Revenue on Saturday that since CNIC disclosure of every sale is a major requirement of law now, the traders were rightfully demanding a decrease in the minimum tax rate as the majority of taxpayers were earlier paying the minimum tax on grossly suppressed sales.
In view to encouraging correct declarations, the rate of minimum tax has been rationalized, it said adding that medium-sized traders have been absolved from their liability as withholding agent to increase ease of doing business. The trade associations have committed to getting all medium and large-sized retailers registered with income tax.
The association have also nominated their representatives to evaluate the turnover of the under-declaring business and have also joined hands with FBR for dispute resolution in audits.
FBR considers that the future of taxation lies in collaboration with taxpayers as opposed to confrontation.
It is likely that this arrangement will achieve a win-win situation for traders and FBR in achieving goals of documentation and reasonable taxation without creating fear and distorted economic behaviour.
- PM Imran to reach Lahore on a day-long visit today08:34 AM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Chinese girl smashes money pot to aid Pakistan combat Covid-1912:24 AM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Man self-immolates outside PM House in Islamabad08:57 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- How to fight with Coronavirus?07:43 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- Karachiites thrash policemen for stopping Friday prayer06:45 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- American pianist Ellis Marsalis dead at 85, fought coronavirus04:41 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- Here's what PM Imran Khan has to say regarding Maria.B controversy04:31 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- Mahira Khan urges people to donate to PM’s coronavirus relief fund04:11 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 Google searches in Pakistan for 201906:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019